In the event of severe weather:
- Be familiar with campus and building maps
If the tornado alarm sounds:
- Direct all occupants to move to designated shelter areas as posted in each classroom and hallway
- Walk rapidly as orderly as possible
- Instruct occupants to squat with hands locked at back of their necks to protect their heads and remain in position until further word is given
After the storm:
- Await “all clear” from Campus Safety and Security, weather radio or administration. Building managers will tour their buildings checking for injuries/damage.
- If occupants are injured, call 911 and notify Campus Safety and Security.
- Do not leave designated area until verbally instructed to do so by Campus Safety and Security or administrator.
In the event of a natural disaster or facility failure:
- In the event of a natural disaster (tornado, earthquake, etc.) call 911.
- Contact Campus Safety or Security.
- Campus Safety or Security or building manager will determine if building needs to be evacuated.
- Employees should direct all occupants to a safe location a distance from situation.
- Do not return to the building until instructed to do so by Campus Safety and Security or administration.
Campus Safety and Security
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Call extension 7110 from a campus phone or (660) 596-7110 from other phones
- After 5 p.m.—Call (660) 619-6019
First aid kits
Located at each building entrance
Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are located:
- Fielding-Heckart—corridor in the Hall of Benefactors across from elevator
- Yeater—lobby across from Instructor of the Year photos
- Stauffacher—across from Box Office and theatre entrance on music wing
- Davis Center—lower level, on second pillar on southeast side, close to offices
- Residence Hall— entrance