Graduates, we are excited to celebrate your accomplishments. We look forward to seeing you at this year’s ceremonies!
If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremonies in person, you can watch the livestream on this page, available below on the date/time of the ceremony.
May 19, 2023
- Health Sciences Pinning and Commencement, 2 p.m., Mathewson Exhibition Center, Missouri State Fairgrounds, Sedalia
- Commencement, 7 p.m., Mathewson Exhibition Center, Missouri State Fairgrounds, Sedalia
May 20, 2023
- Adult Education and Literacy Graduation, 10 a.m., Stauffacher Theatre, SFCC – Sedalia
June 30, 2023
- Health Sciences Pinning and Commencement, 2 p.m., Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center, SFCC-Sedalia campus
*Date/time/location subject to change
Applying for Graduation
You did it! Congratulations on your graduation. Before the big day, make sure you’ve applied for graduation and completed everything you need to do to receive your diploma!
Please note – Applications for graduation MUST be submitted by the last day of the term you wish to graduate.
Step 1: Review your degree audit.
- mySFCC > Home > Applications and Tools > Degree Works
- Review your audit to determine if all graduation requirements show “complete” or “in progress.”
- Review your audit to determine that your program and catalog year are correct.
If you have questions about your audit, degree completion or program – please contact your navigator.
Step 2: Submit your Application for Graduation
- mySFCC > Academics > I Need to … > Apply for Graduation
If you no longer have access to mySFCC, please email the Academic Records and Registrar’s office at email@example.com for alternate ways to apply for graduation.
Applications for graduation MUST be submitted by the last day of the term you wish to graduate.
Regalia (Caps and Gowns)
Caps and gowns are available for purchase from the SFCC Campus Store on the Sedalia campus or online at www.sfccbooks.com.
- Regalia is custom made for State Fair Community College. Therefore, it should not be purchased from a third-party vendor.
- To ensure proper sizing, regalia should be purchased at least one month prior to the ceremony. Sizing is based on height and weight.
- You must present the email you received from the Academic and Records and Registrar office when purchasing your regalia.
- Shipping charges may apply to all online orders.
A 100% refund on your regalia will be issued up to one week prior to the commencement ceremony if the following conditions are met:
- Cap, gown, and tassel must be clean, unworn, and in its original package
- Original receipt required
Caps and gowns are navy blue. The dress code underneath your gown is business professional. Complementary colors should be worn as there is a slight “V” neckline in the gown and a portion of your shirt will show. Appropriate dress shoes should be worn (no tennis shoes, flip-flops) that are comfortable as you may be standing for long periods of time.
Caps are worn on the top of the head, not tilted off the back or side. Hairpins will help secure your cap in place.
Your tassel should be worn on the right, front-side of the cap until you are told to move it to the left.
The only accessories allowed over your gown are these authorized items:
- SFCC Cords – distributed at rehearsal and one hour prior to the commencement ceremony at the SFCC Campus Store table.
- Academic Honor cord
- Veteran cord
- TRiO cord
- PTK & PBL – Contact your PBL or PTK advisor for order information.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) cord and honor stole (if you have a PTK tassel, you may wear it rather than the SFCC tassel)
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) stole
Requirements for Honors Graduation
Latin Honors may be awarded at commencement to Associate of Arts, Associate of Fine Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degree graduates, based upon SFCC courses completed and institutional GPA.
- Cum Laude: 3.60-3.79
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.80-3.89
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.90-4.00
Professional certificate completers may graduate with honors based upon all SFCC courses completed and institutional GPA.
- Distinction: 3.60-3.79
- Honors: 3.80-3.89
- High Honors: 3.90-4.00
The school computes the GPA to two decimal points and does not round up. Students are reviewed for honors prior to the Commencement ceremony and after the semester concludes. Official honors will be determined after graduate’s final semester is completed.
GradImages is the official photographer for commencement.* A professional photograph will be taken of each graduate after the diploma cover is received from president of the college and after exiting the stage.
Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after your ceremony. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at (800) 261-2576 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering with GradImages provides the information needed to deliver your proofs to you in a timely manner. Giving them an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try. You may visit their website at www.gradimages.com, and click on Registration.
*Professional photography is unavailable at the SFCC-Whiteman AFB commencement.
Receiving Your Diploma
Diploma Mailing Address Change
Contact the Academic Records and Registrar Office at (660) 530-5289 or via email at email@example.com to request a diploma mailing address change.
If you no longer have access to mySFCC, please complete a Change of Contact Information Form.
Diploma Name Change
Contact the Academic Records and Registrar Office at (660) 530-5829 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a name change to be reflected on your diploma.
Replacement diplomas are $20 and may be requested by completing the Diploma Replacement Request. Submit your request in person or mail to:
State Fair Community College
Academic Records and Registrar
3201 W. 16th Street
Sedalia, MO 65301
Help us celebrate by sharing your experience on social media in the following ways:
Students and family members can post pictures and videos now and throughout the 2023 commencement ceremony on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using #SFCCMO23GRAD. Select photos may be used and displayed during commencement.
Be sure to tag SFCC in your posts using @sfccmo on Twitter and Instagram.
- Title IX
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Admissions & Outreach
- Academic Records & Registrar
- Academic Dates & Deadlines
- Archived Academic Dates & Deadlines
- Add or Drop Courses
- Change Your Program or Catalog Year
- Course Catalogs
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Request an Address, Social Security Number or Name Change
- Request a Transcript
- Verify Your Enrollment
- Adult Education & Literacy
- Campus Store
- Career & Technology Center
- Career Services
- College Now
- Counseling Services
- Disability Resource Center
- Finance & Administration
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Navigator Advising
- Marketing & Communications
- Safety & Security
- Student Success Center
- Testing Services
- Transfer Services
- TRiO SSS
- Tutoring Services
- Upward Bound
OfficeAcademic Records and Registrar
Student Services, Rooms 750-759
Hopkins Student Services Center
(660) 596-7472 (fax)
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Annette Roberts Registrar (660) 596-7229 email@example.com
Christy Mitchell Assistant Registrar (660) 596-7317 firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Palmer Coordinator Academic Records (660) 596-7291 email@example.com
David Stoermer Specialist Academic Rec/Test (660) 596-7294 firstname.lastname@example.org