Caps and gowns are available for purchase from the SFCC Campus Store on the Sedalia campus or online at www.sfccbooks.com.
- Regalia is custom made for State Fair Community College. Therefore, it should not be purchased from a third-party vendor.
- To ensure proper sizing, regalia should be purchased at least one month prior to the ceremony. Sizing is based on height and weight.
- You must present the email you received from the Academic and Records and Registrar office when purchasing your regalia.
- Shipping charges may apply to all online orders.
A 100% refund on your regalia will be issued up to one week prior to the commencement ceremony if the following conditions are met:
- Cap, gown, and tassel must be clean, unworn, and in its original package
- Original receipt required
Caps and gowns are navy blue. The dress code underneath your gown is business professional. Complementary colors should be worn as there is a slight “V” neckline in the gown and a portion of your shirt will show. Appropriate dress shoes should be worn (no tennis shoes, flip-flops) that are comfortable as you may be standing for long periods of time.
Caps are worn on the top of the head, not tilted off the back or side. Hairpins will help secure your cap in place.
Your tassel should be worn on the right, front-side of the cap until you are told to move it to the left.
The only accessories allowed over your gown are these authorized items:
- SFCC Cords – distributed at rehearsal and one hour prior to the commencement ceremony at the SFCC Campus Store table.
- Academic Honor cord
- Veteran cord
- TRiO cord
- PTK & PBL – Contact your PBL or PTK advisor for order information.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) cord and honor stole (if you have a PTK tassel, you may wear it rather than the SFCC tassel)
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) stole
Requirements for Honors Graduation
Latin Honors may be awarded at commencement to Associate of Arts, Associate of Fine Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degree graduates, based upon SFCC courses completed and institutional GPA.
- Cum Laude: 3.60-3.79
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.80-3.89
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.90-4.00
Professional certificate completers may graduate with honors based upon all SFCC courses completed and institutional GPA.
- Distinction: 3.60-3.79
- Honors: 3.80-3.89
- High Honors: 3.90-4.00
The school computes the GPA to two decimal points and does not round up. Students are reviewed for honors prior to the Commencement ceremony and after the semester concludes. Official honors will be determined after graduate’s final semester is completed.