The State Fair Career and Technology Center (CTC) offers free technical training to juniors and seniors from 12 high schools in 10 school districts. Located on our Sedalia campus, it is one of four technical schools in Missouri affiliated with a community college.
The CTC offers programs in all career paths, providing classroom instruction and hands-on training in some of the fastest growing occupations in Missouri. It prepares all students who graduate for entry-level employment, advanced job training, entry into two- or four-year college programs, entry into apprenticeship programs, or entry into military training.
Students enrolled in CTC programs get to explore a field that interests them, learn skills that can help pay for college and even earn advanced college credits.
The CTC offers training in nine technical programs:
- Automotive Service Technology
- Building Trades
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Careers
- Graphic Design
- Health Occupations
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance
- Precision Machining Technology
- Welding Technology
A Mo Options Program exists to help students pass the High School Equivalency Test.
Any student who has a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher may apply to receive dual enrollment college credit in the first semester. Students must maintain competencies and meet attendance requirements in order to receive credit at the end of second semester.
The learning experiences a student has at the CTC are most likely different from any they’ve had before. We believe all students should have the chance to attain their full potential no matter what their interests, needs and abilities. To start the application process, students should contact their high school counselors for application forms and to arrange placement exams.
Students enrolled in the CTC may join organizations affiliated with their programs:
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)—Early Childhood Careers program.
- SkillsUSA—Automotive Services Technology, Building Trades, Criminal Justice, Industrial Equipment Maintenance, Graphic Design, Precision Machine Technology, and Welding Technology programs.
- Future Health Professionals (HOSA)—Health Occupations program.
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) – Graphic Design program.
- National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)—Automotive Services Technology, Building Trades, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Careers, Industrial Equipment Maintenance, Graphic Design, Health Occupations, Precision Machine Technology, Welding Technology programs.