No matter what your destination, you’ll get there faster (and probably with fewer wrong turns) if you have directions, a map or—better yet—a personal guide.
Wouldn’t it be great if you had a go-to guide to navigate college? At SFCC, you do. It’s called the Navigator Advising program.
As soon as you’re admitted, we’ll pair you with a personal Student Success Navigator who will work with you one-on-one to help you plan your academic journey, stay on track for graduation and deal with obstacles along the way.
Your navigator will team up with faculty advisors and other staff to offer guidance and answer questions, like “Which program is right for me?” “What classes should I take?” and “Where can I get help if I need it?” Whatever your concerns, remember – your navigator is your go-to guide.
Check in with your navigator today, and set your course for success!
Who is My Navigator?
Find out who your navigator is in:
mySFCC >> Academics >> Academic Profile
mySFCC >> Applications and Tools >> Starfish.
View your Success Network in Starfish to find your navigator. You can contact or make an appointment with your navigator at any time to discuss educational plans, career paths and enrolling in classes.
SFCC Navigator Program Learning Outcomes
SFCC Navigators encourage students to collaborate with stakeholders, evaluate options, and make informed decisions. Students develop marketable skills to enter the workforce and/or support effective transfer.
- Assist students to fully develop and prioritize their short- and long-term goals, to include:
- Teach students about SFCC, community resources and technology as well as encourage consistent usage.
- Assist students with decision making, problem solving challenges and overcoming barriers.
- Teach students to utilize multiple methods of communication to self-advocate and foster self-confidence.
- Help students develop soft skills to succeed in and out of the classroom.
Holistically, these objectives support SFCC Institutional Learning Outcomes for students.