SFCC provides FREE orientation to help you get started on the right foot!
Roadrunner Ready, the orientation program, is a great tool for students who are new at SFCC. The college offers two orientation options, on ground and online. Students who participate in Roadrunner Ready are prepared for academic success because they have learned about campus resources, financial aid and scholarships, textbook options, SFCC academic technology, and more.
Roadrunner Ready – FREE SFCC Orientation Course
Roadrunner Ready On Ground is offered on selected dates to admitted students, prior to the first day of the semester. Sign up here to reserve your spot. Bring the mobile technology you will be using on campus. During orientation, we will help you access SFCC technology resources!
You are limited to two (2) guests per student. Bringing children is discouraged as the orientation is a learning experience for the student and guests. If you attend on ground orientation, you will also have access to the online orientation course while a student at SFCC.
Roadrunner Ready Online is available 24/7 to students who have been admitted to SFCC. To access the course, go to the mySFCC Home page and click the Canvas icon in Applications and Tools. Complete the course before the semester begins to support your future success! You retain access to this course throughout your time at SFCC, so you can refer back to the modules when help is needed!
Need more information? Call (660) 530-5831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why participate in orientation?
Because courses move quickly, orientation allows student to “hit the ground running.” You will learn where to go for help, how to use SFCC technology and become familiar with your campus. Roadrunner Ready will prepare you for success! Research shows that students who participate in orientation stayed in college and had higher grade point averages than non-participants (E.M. Lehning, 2008).
Because your success matters, students will:
1. Learn how to navigate your courses and campus resources, by logging into and navigating the school email system, mySFCC and Canvas. Canvas is the school’s learning management system, which means all classes will include Canvas as the means by which you will:
- communicate with instructors
- submit course assignments
- participate in course discussions
- take quizzes
- access and manage files
- check course grades
2. Be introduced to SFCC resources and services
3. Understand student rights, responsibilities and laws that protect them
4. Be introduced to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and how to provide access to protected educational records
5. Understand the general procedures for federal and state financial aid and where to check for pending financial aid issues
6. Be able to identify your navigator for follow up questions
For more information, call Student Success at (660) 530-5831 or email email@example.com.