If a bomb threat is called in:
- Remain calm on the phone
- Alert others to listen in if possible
- Immediately call Campus Safety and Security
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Call extension 7110 from a campus phone or (660) 596-7110 from other phones
- After 5 p.m.—Call (660) 619-6019
- Be ready to give Campus Safety and Security and law enforcement thorough and accurate details from the caller.
In case of evacuation:
- Evacuate occupants to a designated safe area at least 500 feet from the building
- Employees should stay with students
ATF* bomb threat checklist
- Exact time of call
- Exact words of caller
- Questions to ask: When is bomb going to explode? Where is the bomb? What does it look like? What kind of bomb is it? What is your address? What is your name?
- Describe caller’s voice: Calm; with stutter; giggling; stressed; disguised; slow; deep; with accent; nasal; sincere; crying; loud; angry; with lisp; squeaky; slurred; broken; rapid; excited; normal
- If voice is familiar, whom did it sound like?
- Were there any background noises?
- What is the name of the person who received the call?
- What is the phone number of the phone that received the call?
- Date and time of event
*Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives