The Proctor Library features more than 40,000 books and videos, thousands of print and electronic journals, more than 500,000 electronic resources, and also numerous academic databases. Stop by today and explore!
You can access materials via Avalon, borrow materials from any library in Missouri through the MOBIUS system and from any library in the country through interlibrary loan.
- Three computers are available for one-on-one research, similarly more than 30 computers in an adjacent computer lab.
- Three printers (one color; two black and white)
- Two scanners
- Library instruction classes
- Database tutorials
- Reference and research assistance
- Free interlibrary loan
- VHS/DVD viewing station
- Study rooms
- Drennon Reading Room
- Children’s area
- Special items, such as: 12 Kindle readers, two digital cameras, two flip video cameras, five calculators, office supplies
- College Transfer Resources
About Donald C. Proctor
Dr. Donald C. Proctor was a founding member of the SFCC Board of Trustees, elected in 1966. After serving for 36 years, he retired as board president in 2002, at which time the library was named in his honor. As such, in 2008 the board named Proctor a trustee emeritus in honor of his outstanding service and contributions to education; his dedication to his career, the college and his community; and his passion for the success of students and SFCC. Proctor died in January 2015 at age 91.
Above all, learning is the sharing of knowledge. Therefore, we strive to create a library that offers a variety of resources to enhance your learning experience at State Fair Community College. Therefore, we hope you take a minute to check out our resources for students, as we are almost certain you will find us accommodating.
We hope you will pay us a visit, maybe even join us for a board game or two.