In the event of a fire:
- Close the door to the room where the fire is located.
- Pull the fire alarm if not already activated.
- Call 911.
- Call Campus Safety and Security.
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Call extension 7110 from a campus phone or (660) 596-7110 from other phones
- After 5 p.m.—Call (660) 619-6019
When a fire is reported:
Fire alarms will sound and strobe lights will flash.
At the sound of the alarm:
- Walk as rapidly as possible out of the building using nearest exit.
- Try not to crowd or run.
- Employees should check to see that all students are out and close the door; do not lock it.
- Move away from building. Do not block roadways or exits.
- Do not return to the building until instructed by Campus Safety or Security or administration.
- Use the closest phone to call for help.
- If calling from a campus phone, you can dial 911 or 9911. Calling from a campus phone ensures that the location information is displayed for the 911 dispatcher. Tell the dispatcher what building you’re in and the room number—not just the address of the campus.
- Public phones that can be used for emergency communications are located in these areas:
- Hopkins Student Services Center—North entrance
- Fielding Technical Center/Heckart Science and Allied Health Center—Connecting hallway
- Yeater Learning Center—Off main lobby near TRiO Office
- Stauffacher Center for the Fine Arts—Across from north theatre entrance
- Davis Multipurpose Center—Two phones: southeast corner on both upper and lower levels
- Fire extinguishers are located at each building entrance and throughout each building.