This exam is offered in Sedalia, Clinton and Eldon. Check www.atitesting.com for select dates.
The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) measures basic essential skills in Reading, Mathematics, Science and English and Language Usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those that our allied health educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of Dental Hygiene, Radiologic Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Nursing program applicants.
You register and pay for the TEAS exam online at www.atitesting.com after creating a user account on the website. You will select a test date and location and then purchase a test. You will need to provide a photo ID and bring your user name and password the day of the test. Note: You must be sure of the test date because ATI does not give refunds.
You may retake ATI TEAS. Ensure all test dates have a minimum of 45 calendar days between each testing date.
Note: ATI TEAS is currently being offered REMOTELY through Proctorio.
Testing Services has provided these resources to help you review.
- ATI testing study guide and practice tests are available at the ATI online store
- ATI study guides are available in the Campus Store or in the SFCC Library on the reserve shelf
- ATI Remote Proctoring with Proctorio Student Quick Start Guide
- Visit the Tutoring Lab to work on specific areas listed on your ATI TEAS report
- For SFCC students, Learning Express Library can be accessed on the mySFCC Library tab > database drop-down. On the far right in the list of databases a student will see Learning Express Library (LEL). For first time users, create an account. For returning users, log in. LEL will keep track of your progress.
- Nursing and allied health students may also find this ATI TEAS Content Outline helpful.
- TEAS Exam and Prep
What is the ATI TEAS, Version 7 test like?
It is comprised of four sections (Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage) with 150 scored items.
How many questions are in each section?
- There are 39 scored questions in Reading (26 percent of scored items)
- There are 34 scored questions in Math (23 percent of scored items)
- There are 44 scored questions in Science (29 percent of scored items)
- There are 33 scored questions in English and Language Usage (33 percent of scored items)
- There are an additional 20 unscored items
How long does it take to complete the ATI TEAS test?
You are allowed 209 minutes to take the TEAS exam which breaks down to:
- 55 minutes for Reading
- 57 minutes for Math
- 60 minutes for Science
- 37 minutes for English and Language Usage
Why do I have to take the ATI TEAS test?
The purpose of the ATI Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) examination is to assess an examinee’s overall academic preparedness for a health science program. Students applying to the SFCC health sciences programs are required to take the test as part of the programs’ admission requirements. The ATI TEAS can demonstrate how ready you are to tackle the rigors of these courses.
What score do I have to get to be considered for the Health Sciences programs at SFCC?
Score criteria for individual programs are described in their application packets.
What should I study to be ready for the ATI TEAS test?
You can contact Testing Services, Tutoring Services or the Health Sciences programs for a list of topics that could be covered in the ATI TEAS test. There is a list of ATI TEAS objectives in the front of the TEAS study manual, which is available in the SFCC library or for purchase at www.atitesting.com
When can I retake the ATI TEAS test?
You must verify your retest wait time (the number of calendar days you have to wait) in the application packet of the program to which you are applying.