This test is offered in Sedalia only.
The National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) was formed in 1995 by the metalworking trade associations to develop and maintain a globally competitive American workforce. NIMS sets skills standards for the industry, certifies individual skills against those standards and accredits training programs that meet NIMS quality requirements. NIMS testing is used as the Technical Skills Assessment in our Precision Machining program and is taken in Testing Services.
Testing Services has provided these resources to help you review.
Testing Lab Rules
- All testing is completed on an appointment basis.
- All personal belonging will be kept in a locker, except medically necessary items.
- Any device with an on/off button must be switched off. This includes cell phones, beepers, mp3 players, tablets, laptops, calculators, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Calculators will be allowed only when deemed appropriate by test maker or instructor. Specific calculator policies can be found on testing company websites.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab.
- Every test company has a specific code of conduct. Please make sure you understand and abide by your test’s code of conduct. If you have questions about this, please ask your proctor.
To schedule an appointment, complete the Testing Services Appointment Request Form.
Testing Services Appointment Request