SFCC-Lake of the Ozarks is the comprehensive community college for lake-area residents interested in general education classes, technical courses, associate degrees, and even bachelor’s degrees.
The 28,000-square-foot location in the upper level of the Stone Crest Mall features 11 classrooms, three science labs, three computer labs, a testing center and a commons area for students.
State Fair Community College has served the Lake of the Ozarks without any tax burden. This means that the Lake Area has a fully comprehensive community college with no increase to property taxes.
SFCC-Lake of the Ozarks serves traditional students, nontraditional adult students who want to upgrade their skills and industries needing customized training. Classes are small, teachers are local and tuition is affordable.
Areas of Study
- Associate of Arts degree for transfer to a four-year college
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science in Construction Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Marine Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Professional Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Skills Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Classes in programs offered at other SFCC locations
Because of a partnership with Central Methodist University (CMU), students attending SFCC-Lake of the Ozarks also can earn Bachelor of Arts or Science degrees in Business, Child Development, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Nursing, Psychology, and Sociology.
CMU’s courses at SFCC-Lake of the Ozarks are taught in the late afternoon and early evening to accommodate working students and are designed for students who already have completed Associate of Art or Associate of Applied Science degrees. CMU’s courses also are appropriate for students who are interested in personal or professional enrichment and who are not seeking bachelor’s degrees.
CMU degree programs offered at SFCC are fully accredited. For more information visit CMU.