SFCC has offered classes at Whiteman Air Force Base since 1988. We are proud to help our military reach their educational goals. Most classes are eight weeks long, and some classes are even offered on the flight line.
Classes at WAFB are open to military and nonmilitary students who are U.S. citizens. However, access to Whiteman Air Force Base is controlled and nonmilitary students must complete the access request process prior to attending any classes at WAFB.
Students who do not already have access to the base should contact the SFCC-WAFB office at (660) 563-3358 to find out how to gain access. Since SFCC-WAFB personnel don’t normally sign students onto the base, nonmilitary students must have a military sponsor sign them onto the base the first time to enroll in classes.
At the time of enrollment, nonmilitary students must provide a copy of their driver’s license, and their Social Security number will be verified by staff. Information will then be forwarded to the base access security office, and they will perform a background check. If a student doesn’t have any outstanding warrants (of any kind) and/or felony convictions, he or she will be given access to WAFB, in most cases, for the days and times of classes.
Please keep in mind:
- Decisions to grant access are made by WAFB security personnel.
- Requests should be made at least two weeks before classes begin.
- The pass will allow students to access the base ONLY during class times. Students MAY NOT use the pass for other purposes on base. If this privilege is abused, access will be rescinded and students will not be able to attend WAFB classes.
- Once approved, nonmilitary students will pick up their temporary passes on the first day of class. They will need to go to the WAFB visitor center at the main gate on Highway 23 about 45 minutes to an hour BEFORE their class starts to complete the temporary pass process. Students will need to bring their driver’s license and U.S. passport or U.S. passport card to pick up their temporary pass.
- Normally students may take a maximum of nine credit hours in one 8-week session.
- Requests for active-duty Air Force tuition assistance (TA) must be submitted and approved no later than seven days before a class begins.
Active-duty military personnel, Reserve, National Guard members, and veterans and their dependents qualify for in-district tuition based on residency (must be in the primary “in-district” service area – Benton and Pettis County). Standard Missouri resident rates apply to active-duty military personnel outside the primary service area.
Areas of Study
- Associate of Arts degree for transfer to a four-year college
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Classes in programs offered at other SFCC locations
SFCC-WAFB is a certified National Testing Center for active duty military and anyone who has access to the base. The testing schedule includes:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., CLEP, DSST,ACCUPLACER
- Tuesday, 8:30 a.m., Pearson VUE, ACCPLACER
- Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., ACCUPLACER, other college test proctoring
To schedule an appointment for testing, call WAFB-SFCC at (660) 563-3358.
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.