How to Apply for a Grant
Once Grant Services, a faculty member or a department has identified a funding opportunity, our office will coordinate the proposal submission process. We will:
- Meet with lead faculty, staff and deans to discuss the grant idea and funding opportunities.
- Invite stakeholders to participate in a grant development team.
- Work with the team to develop a project design and budget. The team will write a proposal narrative and work together to edit the proposal.
- Obtain final approval from appropriate sources such as the college president, deans, Board of Trustees, and Accounting office.
- Since most grant applications are submitted online, we will ensure that all necessary requirements are met to submit through online systems.
- Submit the grant proposal to the funder.
Grant Review & Approval Process
Grant Services offers the following services to make the process easier. We will:
- Research funding opportunities that meet SFCC’s mission and strategic goals and alert appropriate administrators and faculty about grant opportunities.
- Help determine project fit with funding opportunity based on the agency’s grant guidelines, department resources and project sustainability after grant funding ends.
- Obtain approval for letters of support and partnership with external agencies and provide assistance when appropriate.
- Facilitate development of grant proposals with the support of college faculty, staff and administrators and/or community partners.
- Write and edit proposals based on information from grant development teams.
- Coordinate internal approval and review procedures for government grants and collaborate with the SFCC Foundation to follow the process for private and corporate foundation proposals.
- Coordinate proposal submission, including preparation of the proposal, budget and all necessary forms by the submission deadline, along with the necessary approvals.