The little blue card that can do BIG things!
What is my SFCC BLUECARD?
The BLUECARD is your official multipurpose SFCC ID card. Please carry it with you, and keep it in a safe place (wallet/purse), just as you would a credit card.
Your card and related accounts are nontransferable. Your BLUECARD may be deactivated and/or retained when presented by anyone other than the cardholder.
Where do I get my BLUECARD?
You can pick up your BLUECARD in Student Services, Hopkins Student Center, Room 750, on the Sedalia campus during regular office hours. Extended campus students and employees will receive cards on other scheduled dates at the Boonville, Clinton and Lake of the Ozarks locations.
What should I bring with me to get my BLUECARD?
- A previously issued SFCC ID (if you have one)
- AND a government-issued picture ID, such as a driver’s license
- AND your current class schedule
Is there a charge for the BLUECARD?
There is no charge for your first card. Should you need a replacement card because of loss or theft, there is a $25 replacement fee. In most cases, if your card malfunctions, it will be replaced free of charge.
If I’m an employee and also a student, can I get a “student” BLUECARD?
No. Since you are classified primarily as an employee, this is your required classification.
How do I use my BLUECARD?
- For identification—The BLUECARD is your official SFCC ID card, so keep it with you at all times.
- To check out materials from the Donald C. Proctor Library
- To pay for print and copy materials (five cents per page) in the library and computer labs on the Sedalia campus and Boonville, Clinton and Lake of the Ozarks locations (At the beginning of each semester, you’ll receive 20 free pages. Once you’ve used the free pages, you’ll need to add Roadrunner Bucks (money) to your card.)
- To buy items in the Café, Olen Howard Cyber Café and Campus Store (as long as there is money on your card)
- For free admission to SFCC concerts, plays (except the children’s musical), Roadrunners athletic events, and other student activities
How do I add Roadrunner Bucks (money) to my BLUECARD account?
- Go to the cashier’s window at the Business office in the Hopkins Center and add a minimum of $1 with cash, check, debit card, or credit card.
- Call the Business office at (660) 530-5826 to add funds by phone with a debit or credit card.
- Click the Add Funds Now button on the left to add funds online with a credit or debit card. Adding funds online requires a minimum purchase of $10.
What happens to my Roadrunner Bucks balance at the end of a semester, when I graduate or if I withdraw from SFCC?
Balances carry forward at the end of each semester. Upon withdrawal or graduation, you may ask to have your Roadrunner Bucks moved to your student account by contacting the Business office on the Sedalia campus. At a later date, you’ll receive a check in the mail for any account balance. Since checks are mailed to students’ addresses on file, keep your address current by going to mySTAR > My Stuff > My Personal Information.
If you have less than $5 in unused Roadrunner Bucks left in your account, you will forfeit that amount to SFCC after 12 months of inactivity. Unused balances greater than $5 will be automatically moved to your account after 12 months of inactivity, and a $5 processing fee will be assessed.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Report it to the Business office immediately by calling (660) 530-5826. It’s possible someone may have found it and turned it in. (Instructions on the back of the card direct people to return found cards to the Business office.)
- If it has not been turned in, we will deactivate your card. If your card is used between the time it is lost or stolen and deactivation, any charges made to it are your responsibility. We will issue you a replacement card, and a $25 replacement fee will apply. Do not punch holes in the card as it could disable the card.
If I get a replacement card, can I keep the old card?
No. Your BLUECARD is actually college property and old cards should be returned. Also, once you report your card lost or stolen it is no longer active.
If I find the old card, can I get a refund?
No. Due to the costs associated with issuing a new card, no refunds will be allowed.
My name has changed; how do I get a BLUECARD with my new name?
- Bring documentation of the change (marriage certificate, divorce decree) to Academic Records and Registrar in Student Services, Hopkins Student Center
- Wait at least 48 hours for your student records to be updated with your new name
- Then bring your old card to the BLUECARD office in Hopkins, Room 729, and request a new card. The new card will be printed with the same photo. If you do not have your old card, you will be charged a $25 replacement fee.
Can I use my BLUECARD to print if there is no money in my account?
No. You will need to add money to your account online in mySTAR, in person at the Business office on the Sedalia campus or at the administrative offices at the Boonville, Clinton and Lake of the Ozarks locations.
If I don’t have my card or any money in my account, can I pay for printing or copying with cash?
No. Staff members in printer locations are unable to accept cash. You will need to add money to your account in person or online.
What if I have an old SFCC card?
Any prior ID card should be destroyed as it may contain personal identification on the magnetic strip.
Problems printing copies?
Contact the 24/7 Central Help Desk at (866) 295-3070.
- Admissions & Outreach
- Academic Records & Registrar
- Adult Education & Literacy
- Campus Store
- Career & Technology Center
- Career Services
- College Now
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Finance & Administration
- Grant Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Institutional Research
- Navigator Advising
- Marketing & Communications
- Payroll Services
- Safety & Security
- Student Success Center
- Testing Services
- Transfer Services
- TRiO STEPS
- Tutoring Services
- Upward Bound