We are committed to working collaboratively and communicating consistently with part- and full-time faculty and program coordinators to provide instructional support for traditional, blended and online classes.
Our services include:
- Class start-up and support for Canvas and online course development
- Assistance in the delivery of course content and materials
- Custom creative solutions for instruction, including e-learning, collaboration, interactive media, lecture capture, and other instructional technology solutions
- Faculty professional development training and workshops
We offer both one-on-one and group training. Check the training calendar for upcoming workshops or drop in and ask your toughest instructional questions. We’re here to make your job easier.
Course Design and Development
Need assistance designing and developing your class? Help is closer than you think. There are many variables to consider when building your courses, and we can help you get started on the right path. The best part? Support is available all semester.
Training services include:
- Canvas training for faculty and staff at all locations
- Instructional training for new online and hybrid instructors, including best practices, college policies and procedures and Canvas
- Ongoing training opportunities for faculty on new instructional tools and methodologies
- Train-the-trainer sessions for professional staff focusing on training design, development and outcomes assessment
- Assistance with coordinating and scheduling other training activities in the Training Lab (Yeater 193)
Faculty Engagement and Support
Whether you’re new to teaching or have been teaching for a long time, it’s always nice to have a little help. Services for new faculty include one-on-one instructional coaching and mentoring in how to use a learning management system (LMS) and how to manage a college classroom. We also can provide hands-on assistance with instructional questions related to all types of learning environments—face-to-face, hybrid or online. In addition, support is available for Canvas, including content management, course engagement and interaction and full grade center setup and maintenance. Just ask!
Instructional Tools and Resources
Want to learn about the latest innovation in classrooms today? These suggestions for interactive lecture tools, resources for transforming your classroom and increasing engagement and interaction with your students are a great place to start. Check back often for new information. If you find a resource that you think would be helpful to your teaching colleagues, let Instructional Design and Training Services (IDTS) know!
When to Call Information Technology Services (ITS)
You have questions. How do you know when to contact us and when to open an ITS Help Desk ticket?
Contact ITS for help with Canvas administration issues—course section creation process, a user account issue or reporting a technical error to Canvas. ITS also answers Help Desk tickets entered by students.
Technology equipment issues? Computer or printer trouble? Software issues? Contact ITS for support and maintenance of projectors, computers, printers, clickers, mobile devices, mobile laptops, and making sure your classroom is equipped with the right technology. ITS also can help if you need approved software that’s not on your classroom PC.
Open an ITS Help Desk ticket to request audio-visual (AV) equipment and services.
For everything else that pertains to getting your course ready to teach, contact IDTS!