Interactive Lecture Tools
- Record short, screen-capture videos with Jing (free)
- Create video tutorials and presentations directly via screencast, or via a direct recording plug-in to Microsoft PowerPoint using Camtasia. Software is available in the Training Lab, Yeater 193.
- Record tutorials or live trainings with Canvas.
- Build interactive presentations for the classroom with Prezi (free)
Resources for the Flipped Classroom
- “Understanding the Flipped Classroom: Part 1” Faculty Focus
- “How ‘Flipping’ the Classroom Can Improve the Traditional Lecture” The Chronicle Higher Education
- “Can ‘The Flipped Classroom’ Model Work in Higher Education? [Infographic]” EdTech
Resources for Course Engagement and Interaction
- “Coaching Strategies to Enhance Online Discussions” Faculty Focus
- “Student Engagement in the Online Classroom” The Chronicle of Higher Education
- “Meaningful Interaction in Online Courses” Inside Higher Ed