Welcome! Here’s the information you need and how to apply.
If you are not a United States citizen, you must meet federal government requirements through the Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to be granted Form I-20, and you must have paid the SEVIS I-901 fee.
If you are a permanent resident or a noncitizen who is in the United States on a work permit, you are not considered an international student.
The following are COVID-19 protocols for International Students traveling to campus from out of the country:
- All International students should be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to travel.
- One to three days prior to travel, international students must be tested for COVID 19 and may not travel with a positive test.
- Upon arrival to the U.S. or to the State Fair Community College campus, all international students will again be tested for COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated students will not be expected to quarantine after testing.
- Unvaccinated students will be quarantined for seven days after testing.
- Students with a positive COVID test will be isolated according to CDC and public health guidelines.
- Complete the online application and select “International” student type.
- If you have prior international college credit, submit a translated transcript to SFCC via Educational Credentials Evaluators.
- Submit proof of financial support.
- Submit proof of medical insurance.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. See TOEFL Requirements for Specific Countries for SFCC’s requirements.
- Submit a photocopy of your passport.
- Submit test scores (placement testing is required prior to your arrival – schedule an appointment through the Testing Center).
Once we receive these required items, we will issue Form I-20.
When you arrive, check in with Admissions and Outreach, submit the following items:
- Form I-94
- Proof of I-901 payment
- A copy of your United States VISA page
- Your original Form I-20 with your signature
Anticipated Costs for International Students for the 2021-2022 Academic Year (August-May)
|International Tuition (30 credit hours)||$7,110*|
|Room and Board^||$7,436|
|Books and Supplies||$1,200|
|NOTE: This is an estimation. Total costs may vary.|
*Tuition is subject to change with particular courses of study.
**Fees are dependent on program and courses in which the student is enrolled.
^Room & Board quoted for highest option offered by housing
If you are accepted for admission to SFCC, you should be aware that:
- The college cannot assist you with federal financial aid.
- If you are admitted on the basis of a student visa, you are not typically permitted to work at an off-campus job.
- You may be required to pay your fees in advance.
- SFCC offers housing and food service for students who wish to live on the Sedalia campus. Housing contracts are available online in mySFCC for admitted students. You need to submit a completed contract and a $50 deposit before your application will be considered.
- There is no college-operated health service. You should plan to buy health and accident insurance, and budget for any required health care.