Welcome! Here’s the information you need and how to apply.
If you are not a United States citizen, you must meet federal government requirements through the Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to be granted Form I-20, and you must have paid the SEVIS I-901 fee.
If you are a permanent resident or a noncitizen who is in the United States on a work permit, you are not considered an international student.
- Complete the online application and select “International” student type.
- If you have prior international college credit, submit a translated transcript to SFCC via Educational Credentials Evaluators.
- Submit proof of financial support.
- Submit proof of medical insurance.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. See TOEFL Requirements for Specific Countries for SFCC’s requirements.
- Submit a photocopy of your passport.
- Submit test scores (placement testing is required prior to your arrival – schedule an appointment through the Testing Center).
Once we receive these required items, we will issue Form I-20.
When you arrive, check in with Admissions and Outreach, submit the following items:
- Form I-94
- Proof of I-901 payment
- A copy of your United States VISA page
- Your original Form I-20 with your signature
Anticipated Costs for International Students for the 2020/21 Academic Year (August-May)
|International Tuition (30 credit hours)*||$7,110|
|Room and Board^||$6,736|
|Books and Supplies||$1,200|
*Tuition is subject to change with particular courses of study.
**Fees are dependent on program and courses in which the student is enrolled.
^Room & Board quoted for highest option offered by housing
If you are accepted for admission to SFCC, you should be aware that:
- The college cannot assist you with federal financial aid.
- If you are admitted on the basis of a student visa, you are not typically permitted to work at an off-campus job.
- You may be required to pay your fees in advance.
- SFCC offers housing and food service for students who wish to live on the Sedalia campus. Housing contracts are available online in mySFCC for admitted students. You need to submit a completed contract and a $50 deposit before your application will be considered.
- There is no college-operated health service. You should plan to buy health and accident insurance, and budget for any required health care.