About 250 students from area high schools are accepted into the CTC’s programs each year. They learn new skills that jump start their college careers or give them a head start in the workplace. Admission requirements follow.
The CTC offers two instructional sessions Monday through Friday:
- Morning session 8:00 a.m. to 10:35 a.m.
- Afternoon session 11:45 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
To enroll in a career and technical program at the CTC, students must contact their high school counselors for an application. Students attending private or parochial schools must enroll though the school district in which they live.
Enrollment Process—First-Year Students
- Apply through one of the 10 area sending schools. Recommended criteria: Missed 10 days or less and a grade of “C” or better in correlated classes with no discipline concerns.
- Take placement exams (usually in February and early March)
- Receive final approval from the CTC based on recommended criteria after the March slot meeting
Enrollment Process—Second-Year Students
- Must complete a new application
- Must have a satisfactory attendance record (at least 90 percent) and a grade of at least a C the first year to enroll in the second year of the program. Students who don’t meet these requirements will need prior approval of the CTC director to enroll. Students must complete a new application.
- Second-year students (seniors)
- First-year students (juniors)
- Second-year students on probation (seniors), who must have approval from the director
- First-year students (seniors)