_____ Apply for your education benefit

  • For VA education benefits – Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607, apply online at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. If you have any questions about which benefit to choose call the VA Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.  *If you are currently using your VA Education Benefits at another institution, fill out a 22-1995 (22-5490 for dependents) transfer form.
    • Submit your notice of eligibility, Member 4 Form DD214 and 22-1995 (if applicable) to the Financial Aid and Veteran Services Office at 3201 West 16th, Sedalia, MO 65301, fax (660) 530-5820 or email finaid@sfccmo.edu.
  • For Tuition Assistance, contact your Educational Service Officer or counselor within your unit to see how to apply for tuition assistance.

_____ Complete an SFCC Admission Application online

  • Provide your military transcripts and/or transcripts from other institutions
  • Provide your placement test scores (ACT, ACCUPLACER, etc.) if applicable
  • Submit your military certification form

_____ Apply for Federal Student Aid (Fafsa.gov) and SFCC Scholarships (sfccmo.edu/academicworks.com)

  • Log onto your mySFCC account and check the Financial Aid section for red flags, review your College Financial Plan and apply for student loans.
  • Check your student email for messages about your financial aid or scholarships.

_____ Meet with your Navigator to register for classes.  Who’s my Navigator?

  • Obtain your student ID from the Student Services Office, Hopkins Room 750 on the Sedalia campus during regular office hours or at the Boonville, Clinton and Lake of the Ozarks locations on other scheduled dates. You will need to bring:
    • government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license AND
    • current class schedule

_____ Submit your authorization

  • For VA education benefit submit your proof of eligibility to the Financial Aid and Veteran Services Office
  • For Tuition Assistance notify Business Office of your approval and provide your schedule

_____ Check your mySFCC account, Pay My Bill section to see if you have a balance due.

  • If you are receiving education benefits under Chapter 31 (VA Voc Rehab) or Chapter 33 (Post 9/11), the VA will pay your tuition and fees directly to SFCC.
  • Students with Chapter 30, 35, 1606, 1607 and VRAP education benefits will be responsible for paying SFCC directly.

_____ Buy or rent your textbooks online at sfccbooks.com, or visit our campus store.

_____ Join the SFCC Veterans Student Organization

For more information, contact George Lipps at glipps@sfccmo.edu or (660) 596-7439.

Toll Free (877) 311-7322

It's about community!

Take the next step.

Roadrunner logo
Segment Pixel