SEDALIA—State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes in February.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Feb. 2 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. (next to Domino’s). Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Feb. 2 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time.
- Crochet Basics will meet from 6-8 p.m. Feb. 6, 8 and 13 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Students will learn basic stitches, how to read a pattern and crochet a scarf. Supplies needed are a size J (6mm) crochet hook and a skein of worsted weight yarn. Cost is $39; instructor is Adrienne Brigham.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins Feb. 6 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to www.sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis.
- A Developing New Managers workshop will meet from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Managers will learn how to become skilled in delegating, goal setting for themselves and others, providing feedback, resolving conflicts, disciplining, and managing time and tasks. Cost is $99.
The LearningForce also offers numerous online professional development classes covering topics such as communications, computer skills, entrepreneur and small business skills, human resources, leadership and management, LEED Green workplace, media marketing, nonprofit management, project management, quality assurance, and social media for business. The courses are offered in four-, six- and eight-week sessions.