Our competency-based bi-level program prepares you to meet the requirements to become a licensed practical nurse (Year One), then transition seamlessly to associate degree nursing (Year Two) if you want to become a registered nurse.
Nurses make a difference in the lives of others every day! Nursing is a high demand career with stable job opportunities offering a competitive salary. There are a variety of specialty areas, settings, and schedules to choose from in the nursing field. Nurses have ample opportunity for career advancement with experience and continued education.
SFCC’s nursing program offers:
- Affordable tuition
- A top-rated program
- Excellent student support from outstanding faculty and staff
- State-of-the-art technology and hands-on learning
- A Practical Nursing Program (Year 1 LPN component)
- An Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Program (Year 2 RN component)
- A seamless transition from Year 1 to Year 2
- Advanced placement opportunity for current LPNs and Paramedics.
The program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN). At the end of Year 1 students apply to the MSBN for the NCLEX-PN exam for practical nursing licensure, and at the end of Year 2 for the NCLEX-RN for registered nursing licensure. Completion of programs does not guarantee eligibility to take licensure exams.
Is SFCC Nursing Right for Me?
Some common skills and abilities needed:
- Professionalism and empathy for others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong observation and critical thinking skills
- Physical strength and sufficient motor function
*All Essential Qualifications to be admitted and retained to the Nursing Program can be viewed at www.sfccmo.edu/essential-qualifications.
A nursing career offers job security and mobility, flexible scheduling, the chance to specialize with additional training, and diverse workplace environments like hospitals, health departments, doctors’ offices, hospice, assisted living enters, schools, home health, and the military. The number of jobs is growing rapidly. Salaries range from $26,700 to $35,000 for LPNs and from $36,200 to $52,500 for RNs.
Data Sources – The website mynextmove.org, which is developed and maintained by the National Center for O*NET Development, under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration, and the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center (MERIC).
Transfer & Bachelor’s Degree Options
SFCC has articulation agreements with many four-year schools that ensure our credits transfer to continue your education.
1. Apply to SFCC (it’s free!) www.sfccmo.edu/admissions
2. Once accepted to SFCC, meet with the pre-nursing navigator to discuss your educational plan.
3. Complete the requirements for for the nursing program (Year One and Year Two) admission.
4. When ready, complete the online nursing program application.
Admission to the Nursing Program is on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis, pending satisfactory background and drug screening as well as completion of all required immunizations.