State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes starting between March 1 and March 8.
• Color Wheel Quilt classes will meet at 6 p.m. March 1, 8, 22, and 29 in the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center, Room 119, on the Sedalia campus. The first class, which will last about 90 minutes, provides information about supplies and how to choose fabric for the project. The other sessions will last about three hours and will provide hands-on quilting instructions.
• Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning March 2 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. (next to Domino’s). Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
• Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning March 2 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time.
• Crochet Ripples and Chevrons will meet from 6-8 p.m. March 6, 8 and 20 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Students will learn how to crochet in ripples and chevrons, read charted patterns and change yarn colors. Basic crochet knowledge is required. Supplies needed are a size J (6mm) crochet hook and at least two skeins of worsted weight yarn in different colors. Cost is $39; instructor is Adrienne Brigham.
• Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins March 6 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to www.sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis.
• The Middle Manager workshop will meet from noon to 4 p.m. March 8 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Students will learn how to work effectively with upper management, how to set and reach goals and what their role is in the workplace. Cost is $99.
The LearningForce also offers numerous online professional development classes covering topics such as communications, computer skills, entrepreneur and small business skills, human resources, leadership and management, LEED Green workplace, media marketing, nonprofit management, project management, quality assurance, and social media for business. The courses are offered in four-, six- and eight-week sessions.