LAKE OF THE OZARKS—State Fair Community College-Lake of the Ozarks (LOZ) will offer summer classes that start June 1 and end July 27 at Camdenton High School, 662 Laker Pride Road, Camdenton.
High school students can enroll in these classes to earn dual credit for high school and college at the same time for only $76 per credit hour. Students should talk with their high school counselors to see if they are eligible to take dual credit classes.
High school graduates who have A+ scholarship funds can use those funds to pay for tuition. Regular tuition rates are $150 per credit hour for all other students.
Classes to be offered include:
• Introduction to Biology with a lab, 5 credit hours, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Introduction to Business, 3 credit hours, 11 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
• Personal Finance, 3 credit hours, 11 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• English Composition I, 3 credit hours, 11 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Pre-Algebra, 3 credit hours, 8-10:50 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Intermediate Algebra, 3 credit hours, noon to 2:50 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
• College Algebra, 3 credit hours, 8-10:50 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• American/National Government, 3 credit hours, 8-10:50 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
• American Diversity, 3 credit hours, 8-10:50 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
• Public Speaking, 3 credit hours, 11 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• College Skills, 3 credit hours, 8-10:50 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
Go to www.sfccmo.edu/admissions to complete a free, online application. If placement scores are needed, a placement test can be taken at the SFCC-LOZ campus, Stone Crest Mall, 3797 Osage Beach Parkway, Osage Beach. Call (573) 348-0888 to schedule a test and an appointment to meet with a navigator to enroll in classes.
Enrollment for summer and fall classes at the SFCC-LOZ location also is underway. SFCC-LOZ offers late afternoon and evening classes at Eldon High School, Second and Pine streets, and at the Eldon Career Center, 113 South Pine. Fall classes begin Aug. 22.
Students enrolled at SFCC-LOZ can earn an Associate of Arts transfer degree and an Associate of Arts in Teaching degree as well as Associate of Applied Science degrees in business management (in three specialties: marketing/retail, office management and business management), criminal justice, general career studies, construction technology, marine technology, and paraprofessional education.
They also can earn Bachelor of Arts or Science degrees in business, child development, criminal justice, early childhood education, elementary education, nursing, psychology, and sociology at the SFCC-LOZ location through a partnership with Central Methodist University (CMU).
For more information, contact Director John McMahon at email@example.com or visit www.sfccmo.edu/lake.