State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer these professional and enrichment courses that start between Nov. 1 and Nov. 8.
- PIYO, a combination of Pilates, yoga and nonstop movement, will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays starting Nov. 1 for eight sessions in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. Class will not be held on Nov. 22. This low-impact, music-driven, body-sculpting workout strengthens muscles, increases flexibility and improves balance and mobility. Cost is $39; instructor is Kim Windle. The next class group Dec. 4.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Nov. 2 for seven sessions in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. No classes will be held on Nov. 21 or 23. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $34; instructor is Irene Renauld. The next class group starts Dec. 5.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for seven sessions beginning Nov. 2 in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. No classes will be held on Nov. 21 or 23. This classes offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and calms the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $34 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin. The next class group starts Dec. 5.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga, Yogalates or PIYO sessions at the same time prior to the start of class.
- Conceal and Carry Weapons – Hand Gun Fundamentals, an eight-hour comprehensive training, practice and application, will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 4 at Black Dawn Industries LLC, 1511 North Ohio Avenue. Participants will learn about the design, construction and uses of a handgun. Topics include safety, operations, mental preparation, firearm laws, loading and unloading, and storage. The class includes live fire personalized practice to develop and improve skills and abilities. Upon successful completion, participants will have met the classroom requirement for a CCW application. Missouri residents must be at least 19 years old to apply for a concealed weapon endorsement. Students must provide their own handgun (revolver or semi-auto), 100 rounds of ammunition and eye and hearing protection. Handguns will be available for rent and ammunition available for purchase. Class size is limited to 18 students. Cost is $99; qualified instructors and range facilities provided by Black Dawn Industries.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins Nov. 6 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Gary Willis is the instructor. The next class starts Jan. 2.
- Mesh Wreath Making will meet from 6-9 p.m. on Nov. 8 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Students will learn to create beautiful mesh wreaths using the popular deco mesh. Everyone will leave with a fall or holiday wreath and the ability to make many more custom wreaths. A supply list will be available upon enrollment. Cost is $29; DeAnna Amos of Misty Woods Products is the instructor.
On tap for 2018 is a Hobby Welding class that will meet from 6-9 p.m. from Jan. 8-12 in Fielding Technical Center. This class offers hands-on, individual instruction that includes safety, set-up and basic welding applications. Students should be able to implement weld techniques for building, repair and artistic exploration. Cost is $199; Carl Mounce is the instructor.
Crappie University will be held from 7:30-9:30 p.m. for four nights, Feb. 7, 13, 21 and 28 in Thompson Conference Center in Heckart Science Center. Students will learn cutting-edge techniques used by top crappie pros and guides. Cost is $89.
For more information and to register online go to sfccmo.edu/the-learning-force, call (660) 530-5822 or email email@example.com. Gift certificates are available for any course. Early enrollment helps to ensure classes will be held.