State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes that start between July 3 and July 22.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins July 3 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to www.sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis.
- Intermediate Country Line Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 6 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. Prerequisite for the class is Beginning Country Line Dance or instructor’s consent. Favorite dances taught are Slappin’ Leather, Watermelon Crawl, Boot Scootin’ Boogie, Tush Push, Waltz across Texas, Cowboy Cha Cha, and other current dances. Cost is $35; instructor is Mary Donnell-Brown.
- Motorcycle Basic Rider Course will meet July 7-9 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared toward beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Cost is $199; instructor is Chuck Buck, certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program. The next course will be held Aug. 25-27.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 11 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 11 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time.
- Hobby Welding is a new class that would be an ideal gift for Father’s Day or for anyone interested in learning this skill. The class will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 22 and 29 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 274. This hands-on class will teach basic welding applications in SMAW/stick, GMAW/mig and FCAW/flux core. Participants will learn weld techniques for building, repairing and artistic exploration. Leather shoes and gloves, long sleeve cotton shirt, welding hood and safety glasses for welding are required. Cost is $199; instructor is Carl Mounce.
For more information and to register online go to www.sfccmo.edu/the-learning-force, call (660) 530-5822 or email email@example.com.