State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce fall schedule of professional and enrichment courses is now available online at sfccmo.edu/the-learning-force. The following are some of the courses that start on Sept. 4 and 28.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins Sept. 4 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis. The next class begins Oct. 1.
- Beginning Country and Western Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays for seven weeks beginning Sept. 4 in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. It is designed for beginners and people who want to brush up on their skills. It teaches basic steps and simple variations of some of the most popular country and western dances. Students may attend alone or with a partner. Smooth-soled shoes are recommended. Cost is $59; instructors are Mary Donnell-Brown and Travis Goosen.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Sept. 4 in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
- Yogalates, a blend of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning Sept. 5 in Hopkins Student Center, Room 714. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time prior to the start of class.
- Motorcycle Basic Rider Course will meet Sept. 28-30 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared for beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Cost is $199; instructor is Chuck Buck, certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program. The next course will be held Oct. 12-14.
For more information and to register online go to sfccmo.edu/the-learning-force, call (660) 530-5822 or email email@example.com.