Join us for Sangria Sunset!
Sangria Sunset pays tribute to the casual drink that we all know and love. Typically, it’s made with red wine, sweetness, fruit, spices, brandy, and sometimes soda water and served in a pitcher or bowl for easy sharing. It’s a mixture of fresh, fun and different tastes, like the evening the SFCC Foundation has planned to benefit SFCC’s technical programs. Join us for dinner, a live auction, dancing to live music, and a little karaoke to mix it all together!
The fun starts at 6 p.m. March 10 in the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center on the Sedalia campus. Reservations are due by Feb. 23!
- Cocktails and Appetizers
- Dinner – Features salad, entrée, two sides, and dessert
- Dessert Dash
- The Dessert Dash debuted in 2017 and was a ton of delicious fun. Guests at each table enter their bid amounts to create a combined table bid for a delightful donated dessert. Volunteers will collect the bid cards, add them up and record the table’s grand total.
- The top donating table wins the first opportunity to select a dessert from an array of tasty dishes. Tables with descending bids are announced in quick succession, after which table reps must dash to the dessert table to claim their sweet choice.
- Chaos and good-natured competition may ensue during the dash!
- Live Auction – The live auction will feature one-of-a-kind items created by students and faculty in SFCC’s technical programs. Check back for details as items are added!
- Dancing and Karaoke – Live music provided by One Track Train and The Young Guns
One Track Train
Based in central Missouri, One Track Train offers American roots music including bluegrass, blues, country, folk, and gospel, with a few added surprises!
One Train Track band members include Chris Clark on guitar and vocals; Steve Graff on bass, guitar and vocals; Aaron Hughes on Cajón and percussion; Rob Hughes on mandolin, dobro and banjo; Sarah Hughes on piano and vocals; and Chris Robinson on harmonica and vocals.
The Young Guns
The Young Guns from Chicago shoot for an explosive performance every time by bringing the sounds of Nashville to all parts of the country. This modern country cover band performs for all types of events and offers live band karaoke! Unleash your inner hillbilly and sing on stage with a real live band while the words scroll on a screen. The band helps you become a star for a night! From GigMasters.com
Tickets and Reservations
Tickets to this event go fast – so act quickly! Reserve a table for $1,000 each for a party of 10 or purchase individual seats for $100 each. Spirits also may be pre-ordered and include two choices of wine and a five-beer bucket. A complimentary carafe of sangria will be at each table. Additional carafes and drinks by the glass available for purchase at the event.
Download the reservation card and reserve your seats and spirits by Feb. 23 for best choice! Reservation cards may be mailed to the SFCC Foundation at 3201 W. 16th St., Sedalia, Missouri 65301, or call Karen at (660) 596-7410 to make reservations by phone.
Why We’re Raising Money
This event will benefit SFCC’s effort to improve and expand technical education facilities.
What to Wear
This event is designed to be relaxed and comfortable! Like sangria, dress comfy and casual or fun and flirty. Above all, come ready to enjoy the evening and dance the night away for a great cause!