- This event has passed.
Performing Arts Auditions
February 25, 2017, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
PERFORMING ARTS SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
SFCC now offers Associate of Fine Arts degrees in Music, Theatre or Fine Art! Start here and transfer to a four-year school to earn a bachelor’s degree!
This is an opportunity to earn college scholarships in one or more of SFCC’s Fine and Performing Arts programs!
To schedule auditions, call the Fine and Performing Arts program at (660) 596-7387. If you are unable to schedule an audition on either of the audition days, it may be possible to request another date. These scholarships are open to high school seniors, transfer students, majors and non-majors. Applicants are welcome to audition for multiple programs.
Where are the auditions held? All auditions are held in the Stauffacher Center for the Fine Arts on the Sedalia campus. Click map to see where the fine arts center is located and for driving directions. When you arrive, check in at the Box Office in Stauffacher and you will be directed to the appropriate room.
Following are the audition requirements for each program.
- Acting/performance students: prepare two contrasting monologues or a monologue and song. It is recommended that one piece is light in nature; the other should be rather serious. Select roles that are fairly close to your own age range and try to avoid unnecessary challenges such as accents. Each song or section of a song should be approximately 32 bars in length. Each piece (monologues and songs) should be between one and three minutes in length. If you are auditioning with a song, please bring a CD to accompany your audition.
- Design/technical students: provide a portfolio that includes, but is not limited to copies of drawings, paintings, stage management paperwork, photographs, programs, or posters that you have designed, constructed, etc. A portfolio on CD or flash drive is equally acceptable. As with a performance audition, our preference is to meet with you in person so that you can present your work. If that is not possible, then a portfolio should be e-mailed, mailed or faxed to the Theatre Arts program coordinator and a phone interview will be scheduled.
- There are a number of Music Merit Scholarships available for both music majors and non-music majors. For students interested in pursuing a music degree in college, SFCC offers an Associate of Fine Arts degree in Music. The program provides general education and music courses designed to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. We also offer several performance groups including Jazz Choir, Jazz Runners, which is a jazz band, and Collegiate Chamber Choir.
- Vocal or instrumental: an audition with the Music Arts Program Coordinator is required. Providing a prepared piece is helpful, though not required.
- If you’re interested in the Fine Arts program, contact the program coordinators at (660) 596-7387 to schedule an interview to present your portfolio. Your portfolio should contain 10 drawing examples as well as five examples of other art works. You are required to tour the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art and visit an art class during your interview.