At Kids College, fun is our middle name! We offer summer classes for students entering pre-kindergarten through 10th grade. The program features unique activities in an exceptional learning environment.
Kids College 2019 Save the Dates:
(4 day schedule AM: 9-12 & PM: 1-4)
Week One- June 17-20
Week Two- June 24-27
Week Three- July 8-11
Week Four- July 15-18
Our teachers take fresh approaches that challenge students, make topics come alive and send kids back to school with new perspectives and an excitement for learning.
Classes are based on the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) learning system, which challenges students to learn and apply content and skills across the board with real-life projects that both use and create up-to-date discoveries.
Since it began in 2011, Kids College has grown each year; in 2016, almost 500 students were enrolled in more than 30 different week-long classes:
NEW! Kids College classes at SFCC-Boonville!
- Grades 3-8, classes include Wiggle Wobble BOTS and LEGO Robotics
Online registration for 2018 Kids College at the Sedalia campus is now open.
- Preschoolers (ages 4 and 5) can take S’MORE Camping Fun, Pirates & Mermaids, Artsy Scientist, and Safety Heroes.
- Early learners, entering grades K-3, can take classes like Escape Room, Bookmaking Fun, Little Sprouts Creative Cooking, Mad Science Mania, and more!
- Mid-level learners, entering grades 4-8, can take classes like Slumber Party Sewing, Grossology, Taste Buds Creative Cooking, Clay Creations, and others!
- We also have Roadrunner College Experience, a popular category of hands-on career exploration courses for students in grades 4-10. Courses include:
- CNC: Catapult
- Health Sciences: An Exploration in High Tech Careers
- Lego Robotics
- Hitting the Road-Preparing Yourself for the Responsibilities of Driving
- Chem Kidz
- Health Sciences: Health Care Careers in Action