At Kids College, fun is our middle name! We offer summer classes for students entering pre-kindergarten through 10th grade. The program features unique activities in an exceptional learning environment.
Our teachers take fresh approaches that challenge students, make topics come alive and send kids back to school with new perspectives and an excitement for learning.
Classes are based on the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) learning system, which challenges students to learn and apply content and skills across the board with real-life projects that both use and create up-to-date discoveries.
Since it began in 2011, Kids College has grown each year; in 2016, almost 500 students were enrolled in more than 30 different week-long classes:
- Preschoolers (ages 4 and 5) can take Artsy Scientist, Safety City or Happy Campers.
- Early learners, entering grades K-3, can take classes like ABC, 123 Fun for You and Me, The Life and Times of a Scientist, Let’s Build! STEAM Activities for Fun, Clay Station, Kids Kitchen, Kids College Theatre, and more!
- Mid-level learners, entering grades 4-8, can take classes like Sew Easy, Gardening for Kids: Creative Planting, Gross Science is Cool Science, Build Your Own Hovercraft, The Art of Ladyship, CSI: Forensic Investigator, and others!
- We also have introduced the Roadrunner College Experience, a new category of popular hands-on career exploration courses for students in grades 4-10. Courses include:
- Computers: Repair and Rebuild (JUST ADDED!)
- CNC: The Mystic of Automated Manufacturing
- Engineering Design: Build Your Own House
- Web Animation
- Cool Chemistry
- Energy Innovation: A Future in Science
- Health Sciences: An Exploration in High-Tech Careers
- LEGO® Robotics
- Junior Engineers
- Babysitter Training: Early Childhood Teaching