State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes that start between July 2 and July 23.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. Classes begin July 2 and include about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next two sessions begin Aug. 6 and Sept. 4. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to www.sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis.
- Intermediate Country Line Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 5 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. Prerequisite for the class is Beginning Country Line Dance or instructor’s consent. Favorite dances taught are Slappin’ Leather, Watermelon Crawl, Boot Scootin’ Boogie, Tush Push, Waltz across Texas, Cowboy Cha Cha, and other current dances. Cost is $35; instructor is Mary Donnell-Brown.
- Motorcycle Basic Rider Course will meet July 6-8 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared toward beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Cost is $199; instructor is Chuck Buck, certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program. The next course will be held Aug. 24-26.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 10 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $34 for seven sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning July 10 in Hopkins Center, Room 714. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $34 for seven sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time.
- Basic Computer Short Course for Senior Adults is a new class that offers hands-on learning of basic computer skills and how to access information. The one-day class will be 1-4 p.m. July 23 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 229. Participants will learn how to use a mouse and keyboard arrow keys; how to browse websites; use Facebook, other social media and apps. Participants will learn how to use internet tools to connect and keep in touch with family members, especially grandchildren. Cost is $49 per person