SFCC’s quality improvement initiative, Doing Quality Right!, consists of two key elements: ongoing accreditation and fostering a collegewide culture of continuous quality improvement.
SFCC has been affiliated with the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since it was founded. Correspondence status was granted in 1968. Full accreditation was granted in 1976, 1981, 1988, and 1999. SFCC became accredited through admission to the NCA Higher Learning Commission’s Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in August 2005 and continues to be accredited on an annual basis.
As part of the college’s regional accreditation requirements, SFCC participates in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) pathway of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
AQIP Milestones and Systems Portfolios
- 2003 – adopted the methodology of AQIP as a way to infuse the principles and benefits of continuous quality improvement into the campus culture
- August 2005 – accepted into HLC’s AQIP pathway
- November 2008 – completed first AQIP Systems Portfolio
- November 2012 – completed second AQIP Systems Portfolio
Other Accredited or Approved Programs
- Automotive Technology – NATEF
- Dental Hygiene – CODA
- Health Information Technology – CAHIIM
- Nursing – Missouri Board of Nursing
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – ACOTE
- Radiology Technology – JRCERT
AQIP Action Projects
In addition to the above milestones, SFCC annually submits three action projects for accreditation purposes.
Continuous Quality Improvement
While AQIP provides the framework for regional accreditation requirements, SFCC also promotes and strives to foster a culture of continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the college. The Director of Institutional Accreditation and Effectiveness and the SFCC Quality Council lead this effort.
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60604
Accredited since 1976