Saturday Night Fever: Coming on March 25
Stayin’ Alive, Boogie Shoes, Jive Talkin’. You know the tunes, so make plans to join us! Enjoy dinner, a Dessert Dash, an auction, and a Lip Sync Battle. Tickets now available![READ MORE]
The State Fair Community College Foundation Board of Directors invites you to Saturday Night Fever – a special event to help fund construction of SFCC’s technical education facility.
Stayin’ Alive, Boogie Shoes, Jive Talkin’. You know the tunes, so break out your boogie shoes and your best 1970s dress for Saturday Night Fever! The fun starts at 6 p.m. March 25 in the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center on the Sedalia campus. Reservations are due by March 10!
- Appetizers & Dinner – During the cocktail hour three appetizers will be served. Dinner will feature salad, beef and pork tenderloin, marinated veggies, broccoli with cheese and crispy Pablo, and roasted potatoes with rosemary.
- Dessert Dash – You’ve heard of working for your dinner, but have you heard of dashing for your dessert?
Guests at each table enter their bids on cards that will be collected and totaled to create a combined table bid for a delightful donated dessert.
The table with the highest combined bid receives the first opportunity to select a dessert. Descending bids are then announced in quick succession, and table reps must dash to the desserts to claim their choice.
- Auction – Check back for details and additional items!
- Metal Fire Pit donated by ProEnergy
- Branson Time Share Package donated by Sue Barr Parrish
- Six Months of Fresh Floral Arrangements donated by Moore’s Greenhouse
- Six Months Free Occupancy of 10-foot x 10-foot or small storage unit donated by BAST Storage
- Two Jerry Moon Paintings donated by Gary and Marilyn McMullin
- Stained Glass Artwork donated by Deb Simaitis
- Glass Fusion Party donated by Don Luper
- Lip Sync Battle – Four teams comprised of two to eight performers will battle for the favor of judges and guests to win prizes. Each team is required to perform one song from the 1970s, but the rest is up for grabs! There also will be a special return performance by last year’s winners – the SFCC Technical Education team.
Tickets and Reservations
Seating is limited – so act quickly!
Reserve a table for $1,000 for a party of 10 or purchase individual seats for $100 each. Spirits may be pre-ordered and include four choices of wine; a domestic five-beer bucket and a craft five-beer bucket.
Download the reservation card and reserve seats and spirits by March 10! Reservation cards may be mailed to the SFCC Foundation or you can call Karen at (660) 596-7410 to make reservations by phone.
Why We’re Raising Money
This event will benefit SFCC’s effort to improve and expand technical education programming and facilities. On April 4, the college is asking voters in its taxing district to approve a bond measure that would fund construction of a new technical education facility, new and enhanced programs to accommodate workforce demands and renovations to existing buildings.
If passed, bond measure funds will be dedicated to construction, renovation of existing facilities, and the purchase of capital technology and equipment. There are many other needs to support this project and expansion of technical education programs, and proceeds from this event will help pay for those needs. Learn more on the Building Strong Futures website.
What to Wear
If you grew up in or lived through the 1970s disco era, you know what we’re talking about! If not – think flair and flare (bell bottom pants, anyone?); slick, wide-collar dress shirts (bold gold or shiny satin with maybe just a little chest hair showing); leisure suits; dresses with flounce; platform shoes or high-cut boots; and accessories to make it all work! Of course, if this isn’t your style, dressy casual is just fine.
For more information about the event, contact Mary K. Treuner, executive director, at email@example.com or (660) 596-7249.