The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes that start between April 3 and April 28.
- 3D Crochet will meet from 6-8 p.m. on April 3, 5 and 10 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Using the basic crochet in the round technique, students will learn how to make stuffed toys and how to read written patterns. Supplies needed before the class are a size G (4.25 mm) crochet hook and worsted weight yarn. Cost is $39 per person; instructor is Adrienne Brigham.
- Yoga classes will meet from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning April 4 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. (next to Dominoâ€™s). Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat or rug. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Irene Renauld.
- Yogalates, a fusion of yoga and Pilates, will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for four weeks beginning April 4 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. It offers stretching and strengthening of all major muscles and can calm the mind and spirit. Students should wear comfortable clothes and bring a mat. Cost is $39 for eight sessions; instructor is Sue Guffin.
A 15 percent discount is applied if enrolling in three or more yoga or Yogalates sessions at the same time.
- Labyrinth Walk Quilt class will meet from 6-9 p.m. on Wednesdays for four weeks beginning April 5 in Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center, Room 119. Students will learn how to use alignment and different color values to create the maze quilt illusion. Participants should not purchase fabric or supplies until after the first class. Cost is $69 per person; instructor is Rebecca Schnakenberg.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A Truck Driving Academy is a four-week program designed to train new truck drivers how to drive, the rules and regulations of the road and how to keep driving logs. It includes about 40 hours of classroom time and 160 hours of driving time. Students must have a CDL permit and pass drug and health screenings before starting. Programs begin monthly; the next one begins April 10 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 245. Upon completion, students will be prepared to earn a Class A CDL. Go to www.sfccmo.edu/cdl for details and application. Instructor is Gary Willis.
- Leadership and Influence will meet from noon to 4 p.m. April 12 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Participants will learn leadership characteristics, how to make decisions and deal with challenges and how to develop genuine leadership skills. Cost is $99 per person; facilitator is Deborah Mitchell.
- Kumihimo Braiding class will meet from 6-9 p.m. April 19 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Kumihimois the Japanese technique of braiding silk strands to create intricate cords that are strong but slender. Students will learn techniques for making friendship bracelets, necklaces and lanyards. Cost is $29 per person and a $5 materials fee is due at the class and payable to instructor, Brenda Bryan.
- Motorcycle Basic Rider Course will meet April 28-30 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared toward beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Cost is $199; instructor is Chuck Buck, certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program.