Strategic planning at SFCC is a far-sighted process that provides a framework for operational planning. This careful planning ensures that the college can fulfill its mission with purpose and satisfy stakeholders’ needs.
In spring 2014 the SFCC Board of Trustees approved an agreement with Gerke & Associates from Columbia, Missouri, to develop a collaborative strategic plan to provide direction and goals for SFCC’s future.
The Strategic Planning Team, comprised of staff, faculty, administrators, and community members, began meeting with Gene Gerke, strategic planning facilitator, to reveal key issues and opportunities facing the college and learn about the elements and structure for a successful planning process. Following are the key strategic priorities identified for SFCC’s 2020 Vision:
- Improve student learning and success
- Recognized as a “great place to work”
- Help students with financial responsibility
- Increase new revenue
- Increase the proportion of credit hours taught by full-time faculty
- Efficiently deliver high-quality programs and services
A copy of the Strategic Plan Update (summer 2018) is available here.