Tuition Payment Information
By enrolling in classes, each student accepts responsibility for payment of all tuition and fees due to the college. Every student must make tuition payment arrangements according to the following fees due dates to complete the enrollment process.
2014-2015 Tuition Fees Due Dates
|If you enrolled in classes
|Nov. 6 to Dec. 1
|Pay in full by cash, check, credit or debit card; have a FAFSA on file with SFCC; or sign up for a payment plan.
|Dec. 2 to Jan. 16
|Pay in full by financial aid, personal payment or combination thereof; have financial aid completed with sufficient aid to pay account balance in full; or sign up for a payment plan.
*Failure to either pay in full, have a FAFSA on file with SFCC, or sign up for a payment plan by the deadlines will result in cancellation of your class schedule for all parts of term.
**Failure to either pay in full (by financial aid, personal payment or combination thereof) have financial aid completed with sufficient aid to pay account balance in full; or sign up for a payment plan by the deadline will result in cancellation of your class schedule for all parts of term.
Note: Students will have holds on their accounts and will not be able to enroll in classes for the upcoming semester or receive a transcript until all payments are completed for the semester in progress. Students who wish to enroll when eligible in the next semester will need to pay any balance or pending scheduled payment on their accounts.
Attention FAFSA students: Filing a FAFSA and submitting it to State Fair Community College serves as your financial commitment to attend courses at SFCC. If SFCC has received your FAFSA, you have until the second tuition fees due date of each semester to pay your account in full (by financial aid, personal payment or combination thereof) or enroll in a payment plan. Failure to either pay your account in full or enroll in a payment plan by this date, will result in a cancellation of your class schedule and a potential recalculation of your financial aid award.
Your Payment Methods
A. Pay tuition and fees in full by cash, check, credit card or debit card
- Full payment can be made online in mySTAR
- After login, select the Student tab and click on the Payment Center link in the Registration Tools channel. To pay by credit/debit card or electronic check, choose the “Make a Payment” link in the My Account section.
- Payment may also be made in person at the cashier window at the Sedalia campus and at the Boonville, Clinton and Lake of the Ozarks campuses.
- You may also pay over the phone using your credit/debit card by calling the Business Office at (660) 530-5826.
- You may also mail payments to the SFCC Business Office at 3201 W. 16th St., Sedalia, MO 65301. Checks must include the student's name and ID number and be received in the Business Office by the appropriate fees due date.
- Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Payment must be received by due date.
B. File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to SFCC
- Visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov to get started.
- SFCC's federal school code is 007628.
- It takes about 10 to 14 days for SFCC to receive a FAFSA after it’s been filed.
- You may check the status of your FAFSA in the Financial Aid Requirements channel on the Financial Aid tab in mySTAR
- Application must be on file with SFCC by due date.
C. Enroll in a payment plan
- If you cannot pay your bill in full or have a FAFSA on file with SFCC by the appropriate fees due date, you may want to sign up for SFCC’s low-cost, interest-free payment plan to guarantee your class schedule is held.
- For details and instructions on how to sign up, visit the Payment Plan web page.
- Access to sign up for the payment plan is available in mySTAR. If you're already familiar with the payment plan and you are ready to sign up, log in to mySTAR, select the Student tab, and then select the Payment Center link in the Registration Tools channel. (Be sure to verify SFCC has received and processed your FAFSA first.)
If you have questions about paying your bill or the payment plan, download the FAQs About Paying Your Bill
for answers to frequently asked questions or call the Business Office at (660) 530-5826.