Prime Time Learners
Prime Time Learners is a program of State Fair Community College for adults age 60 and older! Enjoy the quality, culture and amenities of campus activities without the burden of tests, term papers or grades in one of our great Lifelong Learning courses. In addition, State Fair Community College offers stimulating lectures and special events at a substantial savings for you, our Prime Time Learners. Not only will you get to learn something new, you will also have the opportunity to develop new friendships with people who have common interests and lifestyles.
The Prime Time Learner benefits include:
• 10 percent off a wide variety of Lifelong Learning courses
• FREE admission to SFCC athletic events—Show your Prime Time Learner ID
• FREE Sunday matinee of theater performances – Call (660) 530-5814 for tickets
Process for "Prime Time Learner" age 65+ to enroll in Tuition Waived Academic Courses as a non-degree seeking student:
- Register for a "Prime Time Learner" pass with the Scholarship Coordinator — will need a driver’s license or photo ID.
- See Records and Admissions Coordinator to be admitted to the college – Complete admissions application, bring high school transcript or diploma, and placement scores if applicable to the desired class.
- See Counselor to enroll in course – If the student is seeking a degree they would need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to be enrolled.
- Notify Scholarship Coordinator when a schedule is complete.
- Pay any fees at the Business Office window or mail fees to SFCC Business Office
- Contact theStudent Services Office to schedule a time to obtain a Student ID
- The academic classes may include exams, papers, and other course work unlike the Lifelong Learning courses.