All students participating in online and web conferencing courses are required to have regular access to a computer with internet access. The following are suggested and required computer standards; following these standards will avoid some common technical problems.
- DSL, Cable or higher bandwidth is required
- If you have dial-up (56K or less for bandwidth), there might be the need to visit a local library or school to download large documents based on the course
Software Compatibility List
- Windows with Pentium I5 or equivalent
- Macintosh I3 or higher
- IOS or Android tablets with WiFi or 3G+
- 4 GB or higher recommended
- Monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Macintosh with OS X 10.5 or higher
- Browser and plugin support
- Microsoft Word/Office is suggested for most courses and required for others; review each course syllabus for specific course requirements
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and Flash Plug-in: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ (both the reader and browser plug-ins are free)
- Security software – Keep all your definitions for both spyware and virus software updated
- Web conferencing requirements - You will need to have JAVA updated and install the Bb Collaborate plugin prior to participating in web conferencing courses. The plugin and testing for Bb Collaborate web conferencing software can be completed at: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com
- Each student has an SFCC e-mail account; this e-mail account is utilized for all insitutional correspondence such as details from Financial Aid, Student Services, enrollments, etc. Student e-mail is accessed through mySTAR (the campus portal) at https://mystar.sfccmo.edu (FAQs and assistance is located on the main page of the portal).
- Check course mail and e-mail at least three times per week.