How to Request an Official Transcript
An academic record (transcript) is permanently maintained for each student who registers at State Fair Community College.
A written request
is required for an official transcript. A student may request an official transcript online - if attendance has been within the past year, in person, by mail, or by fax. The Academic Records and Registrar Office cannot accept transcript requests by telephone or email. Transcript requests are processed within 2 business days once your request is received. A hold on your account prevents the release of transcripts.
Cost for an Official Transcript
Transcripts are $10 per copy whether you are requesting a mailed copy, faxed copy or a copy to pick up after the 2 business day processing time. Some institutions do not consider faxed copies official. Payment can be made via check (payable to SFCC), cash, or credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover). Transcripts will not be processed until payment is received.
Instructions for Requesting a Transcript Online
The preferred and fastest method for requesting a transcript is online. Payment can be made with a credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover). Online transcript requests require that you log into mySTAR
with your student ID and password. If you are unable to login to mySTAR
you will have to submit your request in person, by mail or by fax using the transcript request form.
Instructions for Requesting a Transcript in Person, by Mail or by Fax
- Log into mySTAR using your student ID and password. The mySTAR link is also located at the top of the page.
- After logging in go to the Student tab, Student and Financial Aid Menu, Student Records, Request a Printed Transcript and follow the instructions on the page.
- If you experience a problem submitting your online request, please do not submit again. Call our office at (660) 530-5829 during regular business hours.
- To check the status of your request log into mySTAR and go to the Student tab, Student and Financial Aid Menu, Student Records, View Status of Transcript Requests.
Payment can be made via check (payable to SFCC), cash, or credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover).
- Complete the Transcript Request form.
- Mail the form to the Registrar at State Fair Community College, 3201 West 16th Street, Sedalia, MO 65301, fax it to the Academic Records and Registrar Office at (660) 596-7472 or drop it off in person in the Student Services Office located in the Hopkins Building.
- Students who are picking up a transcript in the Academic Records and Registrar Office after the 2 business day processing time must present valid photo identification.