The Learning Force | Your Training Partner
Give 'em the Pickle
SFCC's customized training program:
- Creates a training program that best fits the needs of your company. Flexibility is a major strength of the program.
- Conducts training at the site of your choice (your plant, State Fair Community College, or other appropriate location).
- Uses an instructor of your choice (employee, SFCC instructor, vendor, or other appropriate person).
- Enables new and existing manufacturing companies to take advantage of all state and federal funding by coordinating with one individual.
- Receives reimbursement for the costs of training your workforce.
Types of Training
This involves training for groups of employees and includes a wide variety of topics ranging from specific production skills to more general workplace skills. Reimbursable classroom costs for funded projects include instructor's time, development time and materials. Training can be provided by your employees, SFCC instructors or a vendor of your choice.
OJT (On-the-Job Training)
A competency-based way to train new employees while on the job. Reimbursement for OJT allows for up to 50 percent reimbursement of salaries. Training periods extend up to 24 weeks based on the degree of skill required to successfully perform the job.
Training Materials Development
Not all training can or needs to take place in the classroom. We can help enhance your training program with the development of computer-based lessons or videotaped instruction. The Business & Technology Center can also assist in the production of employee handbooks, training manuals, or other job aids to help in training. Employee Assessment SFCC's Assessment Center can assess new or existing employee skill levels using ACT WorkKeys (includes certified Job Profilers), MicroSoft Office User's Specialist Certification, CAPS/COPS and COPES, Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test and other normed tests.
Satisfied Industrial Customers
Ask these companies about SFCC's Customized Training:
Alcan Cable, Gardner-Denver, Maxion Wheels, ConAgra, Tyson Foods, Waterloo Industries, and Wire Rope Corporation of America.