agriculture | emphasis in Horticulture
Why study Horticulture?
Plants are important to our everyday life, from the fruit and vegetables we eat, to the trees that make our parks and streets beautiful to the turf we play sports on or just lounge about on, to flowers that brighten up our gardens and homes. This opens a huge range of potentially rewarding career paths - you might even say there's a place in it for every interest and aptitude.
The diversity of the horticulture industry creates a multitude of career choices, such as:
- Landscape Design, Installation, and/or Maintenance
- Commercial Greenhouse Production, or Sales
- Garden Center Management, or Retail Sales
- Nursery Production, or Sales
- Fruit and Vegetable Production, and/or Sales
- Turf Grass Production, Installation, and/or Maintenance
- Pest Management
View COURSE CATALOG for program requirements.