If your goal is to major in business at a four-year college or university, you earn an associate of arts (AA) degree at State Fair Community College, and then transfer to the school of your choice.
By completing an Associate of Arts degree at SFCC, you can build the strong business foundation you'll need for upper-level courses when you transfer. At the same time, you will fulfill your general education requirements.
Business courses recommended for business transfer majors:
- macroeconomics and microeconomics
- financial and managerial accounting
- legal environment of business
- business statistics
- microcomputer applications
The prerequisite courses and the minimum GPA needed for admission to a business administration degree program will vary. It is recommended that you consult the institution you plan to transfer to for exact requirements.
What's your special interest?
A business transfer degree will allow you to specialize when you transfer:
- Accounting - This program will prepare you for a professional career in financial, managerial, or income tax accounting.
- Marketing, finance, or personnel - A broad focus on the functional areas of business. Graduates typically find employment in personnel management, communications, real estate, marketing, manufacturing, wholesaling, or retailing, financial management, banking, investments, or insurance.
- Economics - This social science investigates the conditions and laws that affect the distribution, production, and consumption of wealth in an organized society.
- Computer Information Systems - This program focuses on computer-based technology designed to prepare students to be highly skilled employees who design and develop hardware and software systems and incorporate them into new and existing systems.
View COURSE CATALOG for program requirements.