“You only get one chance to make a first impression.” - unknown. Preparation is the key to a successful interview.
Before the interview, there are several things you can do to prepare. Some of these include:
- making sure you have appropriate interview attire.
- practicing typical questions that might be asked during the interview.
- obtaining a professional looking folder (padfolio) to keep extra copies of your resume (updated if necessary), a copy of your questions for the interviewer, paper and pen for note taking.
- schedule a mock (practice) interview with Career Services.
During the interview:
- remember that good manners are important.
- remember to ask what the next step in the process is or when you should expect to hear something.
After the interview:
- remember to send a thank you note to each person who was present during the interview.
100 Potential Interview Questions
Testing and Career Center
State Fair Community College
3201 W. 16th St.
Sedalia, MO 65301