Student and Parent Information
To be eligible for dual credit course, students must meet the following criteria:
- Junior or senior level student
- Grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, or 7.0 on an 11.0 scale
- Recommended by a school official
- Appropriate placement scores for math, reading and writing, such as ACT or COMPASS. Click here to view the current catalog for a list of pre-requisites for specific classes.
Freshman and sophomore students are eligible for dual credit if they score in the 90th percentile of their ACT cohort for that subject area.
You will need to check with your high school counselor or principal to see what specific classes are available to you at your high school. Click here to review the dual credit course list. To review the dual credit placement chart, click here.
- Click here to complete a dual credit program application.
- Once this application is complete you will be prompted to print off the required signature page.
- Students must return the signature to a high school teacher or counselor for recommendation.
- Students can obtain a class registration form online or from their counselor’s office
- School officials must verify the GPA and placement scores before recommending the student.
- The signature page and class registration form must be submitted by school officials by the deadline in order to be considered.
Fall Enrollment 2014* – Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014
Spring Enrollment 2015* – Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015
For instructions on how to purchase your textbooks from the SFCC Campus Store, click here. Please ensure you are using your SFCC email when placing the order. If you are unsure what your email address is, contact our office at (660) 596-7360.
The last date a class can be dropped with a grade of 'W' should be published in your course syllabi and on the Announcements in mySTAR. You can also access these dates from the Academic Calendar accessible under Current Events on the SFCC home page. You cannot withdraw after the 12th week of a 16-week semester or the sixth week of an eight-week session.
The Petition to Change Registration (Add/Drop) form can be printed and completed. Take it to your instructor for a signature and your last date of attendance and return it to the Academic Records and Registrar Office in Student Services or to a counselor at your high school. Completed forms can also be faxed to (660) 596-7472.
It is always good to check how courses will transfer to other intuitions you are thinking about attending. To check your specific courses and institutions, click here.
Learn More About...
Paying your Bill
Requesting a Transcript
Visiting SFCC's Sedalia campus
*Online and on-campus courses need to register before the first day of class.