Welcome to Veterans Services
The mission of the State Fair Community College Veterans Services Office is to help veteran students reach their educational goals.
State Fair Community College provides the following services to active duty, National Guard, Reserve, retired, and disabled veterans.
The Veterans Services Office provides:
Counseling on veterans education benefits
• Explain the different education benefit programs the veteran may be eligible to receive benefits
• Process of applying for veterans education benefits
• Help in completing the necessary application forms
• Explain pay rates and process to receive pay
• Explain Troops-to-Teacher program
• Explain On-the-Job Training and Apprenticeship Training programs
• Explain eligibility criteria
Counseling on educational programs available at SFCC
Act as an advocate for the veteran to the Veterans Administration
• Contact VA to explain veterans situation
• Provide letters to explain veterans situation
• Provide educational documentation to VA
• Provide VA contact information to the veteran
Certify to the VA that veterans are enrolled in a program of study that meets VA guidelines
• Certify individual classes each semester
• Monitor additions and reductions in enrollment and notify VA of changes
• Monitor veterans attendance in their classes
• Monitor academic progress
• Ensure advance payment paperwork is completed and sent by deadline dates.
Paying for your education
Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act
Passed in 2008, this act provides reduced tuition to combat veterans as defined as any person who served in armed combat after September 11, 2001, was a Missouri resident when enlisted and was discharged un honorable conditions. Under this act, tuition for eligible combat veterans is reduced to $50 per credit hour after all other federal and state aid for which the veteran is eligible has been applied toward their tuition charges.
Military Tuition Assistance
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has authorized each service the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process and restrictions. This money is normally paid directly to the college by the individual services.
Applying for VA Educational Benefits
• Veteran Education Programs
• GI Bill Programs
• Applying for Admission to SFCC
• Applying for Other Financial Aid
• Other Services Available at SFCC
• Chapter 33 Financial Contract with SFCC (opens PDF)
• VA Benefit Information Sheet (opens PDF)
To receive the special military tuition rate offered by SFCC, individuals must provide the college with certification of military, spouse, dependent or veteran status. Reserve and National Guard members are also eligible to receive the special rate.