Basic SFCC Institutional Scholarship Program Policies
SFCC Scholarship Program Policies
1. Students may receive no more than one SFCC Institutional Scholarship from each SFCC Scholarship Category (Need, Merit, Performance, SFCC Friends, or Foundation).
2. A+ eligible students are not eligible for SFCC institutional scholarships that pay for tuition only.
3. A+ students are eligible for SFCC Foundation Scholarships.
4. Students must complete the SFCC application process by the deadline date in order to be considered for SFCC institutional scholarships. Any exceptions (different application deadline dates) will be identified in individual scholarship criteria.
5. Scholarship applications submitted after March 1st deadline will not be considered in the initial selection process. If not all scholarships are awarded the late applications will then be considered in any subsequent selection process.
6. Unless otherwise specified SFCC scholarships are for one year only. SFCC scholarships are awarded for 2 consecutive semesters fall and spring only unless otherwise specified. Students need to re-apply each year.
7. Maximum scholarship use of SFCC institutional scholarships is 2 years (4 semesters) or the full-time equivalent. There is not a maximum scholarship use for foundation, endowed, patron, or private awards.
8. The Scholarship Office is not responsible for notifying students of deficiency or default when any of the scholarship requirements are incomplete. It is the student’s responsibility to verify that all requirements have been met by the March 1st deadline.
9. At the end of the fall semester, a review of all scholarship recipients will be performed to determine if they are still meeting the GPA and other requirements to continue to receive scholarship.
10. Scholarship offers include an agreement, which must be signed and returned. The agreement includes all the conditions for remaining on the scholarship during the term specified. Scholarship offers should be read carefully, and the requirements kept for future reference. Failure to meet the conditions can result in one or more of the following:
A. Loss of scholarship balance
B. Repayment of scholarship
C. Place a hold on registration and records through the Business Office.
11. Scholarships are open to part-time and full-time students.