Business Management Specialty
A degree in business management from SFCC isn't just an education but a valuable career path for success! Students preparing to enter the workforce need the practical business skills today's employers are seeking. An Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Management will thoroughly train you in sound business fundamentals.
Graduates with a degree in business management typically are employed in entry-level management positions in:
- Human resource management
- Retail and sales management
- Food service management
People who receive a degree in this program sometimes open their own business.
What will you learn?
- An introduction to the business environment and the functions of business
- The study of human relations in the work place and the role of communication
- Instruction in work methods that foster teamwork within an organization
- How to use established principles of supervision to deal with employees
- Marketing fundamentals
- Financial principles and human resources
- Working knowledge of computer applications used in business
- Business ethics
- Legal issues that affect today's business world
- An understanding of the importance of customer service and producing a quality product
- Hands-on experience through a required internship
View COURSE CATALOG for program requirements.
Planning for a four-year degree in business management?
Great! You can complete an Associate of Arts Degree with an emphasis in business management at SFCC and then transfer to most colleges and universities in Missouri. Click on AA Transfer for more information.