Air Force Students -- Welcome to SFCC
General Education Mobile (GEM)
GEM is a partnership between the Community College of the Air Force and State Fair Community College to offer general education courses online for Air Force personnel who want to complete the CCAF Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree requirements.
Why choose SFCC?
Why was SFCC selected to participate in the GEM program?
- SFCC is a member in good standing of the Service members Opportunity College (SOC).
- SFCC has been a partner in education with the U. S. Air Force for more than 30 years.
Get started today!
Read the bulleted tips in the right column first; then click on the Admission Application link.
Effective Oct. 1, 2014, the U.S. Air Force will change the process for obtaining approval for tuition assistance. Requests for TA must be submitted and approved no later than seven days before a class begins.
Other online degrees you can earn at SFCC--
You can earn an online degree or certificate in selected programs. Click SFCC Online to view what degrees are offered.
♦ Get Started
• Submit the secure online Admission Application.
• New students will need to select the "First time user account creation" link at bottom of screen and follow the prompts to access the application.
• For "Application Type," select "Standard" from pull down menu if you are active-duty military personnel seeking a CCAF.*
• Note: GEM students who only want to take classes toward the CCAF are not eligible to apply for financial aid. Active-duty students seeking a degree at SFCC may apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
• Spouses and dependents of active-duty personnel also may apply to SFCC and receive the in-district tuition and fees rate. Use the above link to apply and select "Standard" application type.
• Within three business days, you will receive an email from Admissions and Outreach with details on how to enroll in classes.
Director, SFCC-Whiteman AFB