Registration is now open for State Fair Community College’s summer youth sports and cheerleading camps at the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center on the Sedalia campus.
Instructors will include the SFCC basketball coaching staff and student athletes, plus other college and high school coaches and athletes.
• Roadrunners basketball camp for grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-12. Cost is $95 per person. Emphasis will be on improving basketball skills and having fun. Campers will be organized into age groups.
• A shooting camp for boys and girls in grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 13 and 9 a.m. to noon June14. Cost is $50. Campers will learn proper shooting form, and each camper will receive a personal shot evaluation to help improve shooting ability.
• Lady Roadrunners girls basketball camp will be held June 17-20. Grades 3-7 will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. and grades 8-12 from 1-3:30 p.m. Cost is $70. Emphasis will be on improving basketball fundamentals and having fun.
• Lady Roadrunners Mother-Daughter Pajama-Rama Overnight basketball camp for girls in grades 3-12 and their moms will be held from 6:30 p.m. June 21 to 1 p.m. June 22. Cost is $60.
• Pee wee basketball camp for boys and girls in grades Pre K- grade 3 (ages 4-8) will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. June 24-26. Cost is $50 per child on or before June 14, or $55 after that date. Children will learn the fundamentals of ball handling, including how to pass, dribble and catch a basketball.
• The SFCC Spirit Squad will host a youth cheerleading camp from 1-4 p.m. July 8-10 for students in grades K-8. Cost is $40. The camp will include individual instruction on cheerleading fundamentals, including cheers, dance, stunts, and stunt safety. Instructors will be Spirit Squad Coach Dana Page and current and former SFCC Spirit Squad members.
Complete information and registration forms are available online at www.sfccmo.edu/sportscamp. Applications also may be picked up at the Davis Center office or at Pummill’s Sporting Goods and returned to State Fair Community College, Davis Multipurpose Center, 3201 W. 16th St., Sedalia, MO 65301.
For more information, call Winnie Craig at (660) 530-5808, or e-mail email@example.com