Adult Literacy Program
Do you want to improve your reading, writing, and math skills, regardless of whether or not you have a high school diploma?
This free program helps people achieve personal learning goals by developing individualized lesson plans, using multiple teaching strategies and working one-on-one with a trained and caring instructor.
For more information about the program, locations, and schedule of classes contact the AEL office at (660) 596-7289.
The small steps you take today can start you down the road to stronger reading, writing and math skills ... and who knows where that could lead?
What do we do?
- We serve a multitude of students, not just those seeking a High School Equivalency (HSE).
- We offer adult skill building (similar to tutoring) in math, science, social studies, reading. language arts and essay writing.
- We help students prepare for tests such as the WorkKeys and COMPASS for transitioning into college at SFCC.
- We offer English as a Second Language classes.
- We help parents with their skills, giving them the ability to help their children with homework.
- Best of all ... these services are free!