SFCC sports, cheerleading camps to kick off in June
4/27/2012-6/22/2012 10:00:00 PM
SEDALIA—Registration is now open for State Fair Community College’s summer youth sports and cheerleading camps at the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center on campus.
Instructors will include the SFCC basketball coaching staff and student athletes, plus other college and high school coaches and athletes.
• Roadrunner peewee basketball camp for boys and girls in grades Pre K-3 (ages 4-8) will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. June 4-6. Cost is $50 per child on or before May 31, or $55 after May 31. Children will learn the fundamentals of ball handling, including how to pass, dribble and catch a basketball.
• Roadrunners basketball camp for grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 18-20. Cost is $95 per person. Emphasis will be on improving basketball skills and having fun. Campers will be organized into age groups.
• A shooting camp for boys and girls in grades 3-12 will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21 and 9 a.m. to noon on June 22. Cost is $35. Campers will learn proper shooting form and jump shot techniques.
• Lady Roadrunners basketball camp will be held June 11-14. Grades 3-7 will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. and grades 8-12 from 1-3:30 p.m. Cost is $70. Emphasis will be on improving basketball skills and having fun.
• Cheerleading camp will meet from 1-4 p.m. July 9-11 for students in grades K-8. Cost is $50. The camp will include individual instruction on cheerleading fundamentals, including motion technique, cheers, dance, beginner stunts and stunt safety, and crafts. Instructors will include SFCC Spirit Squad Coach Dana Page and current and former SFCC Spirit Squad members.
For more information, call Winnie Craig at (660) 530-5808, ext. 7440, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.